Monday, December 31, 2007

Pictures from Ophanage

Well, today (Monday) we got the pictures from the orphanage. The adopting parents send money for a disposable camera ahead of time so the family can have a little history of thier new family member. We were pleasantly surprised, considering some of what we have seen since we got here and some of the stories we heard from the families who went to the other provinces. The Chinese have these facilites that serve as both orphanages and nursing homes, run by the government. We heard that there were about 300 children at this orphanage. These are the best photos we have of Carlee Mei before we got her.

























4 comments:

The Waters said...

Oh your so lucky to have these! It looks like she was well cared for and very happy. Her smile is beautiful, we cant wait to see it in person!
Love,
The Waters

Anonymous said...

What a precious blessing He has given you. Congratulations y'all.

Please keep the pictures of Ba Ba to minimum as my computer, for some reason, rejects pictures of Jimmy. My Blackberry blew up when I opened a picture of him and my computers are all messed up. Thanks Jimmy, you owe me a blackberry.

So please, keep posting pictures of the kid.

Blessings to each of you and a safe trip home.

In Him,

The Meyers' Family

Anonymous said...

I love reading your stories of your adventures. With each picture of Carlee I get tears in my eyes. She is the luckiest little girl!!! Katelin looked at her picture--and aha!---she said "Mom, she's a China girl". Yes, I told her, just like you. Then she said "I can't wait to see her". Take care and counting the days until the 7th.

with Love, Karen

The Mosher Family said...

What a beautiful new daughter and sister you all have. Wow, was she worth the wait. We have enjoyed checking your blog and to finally see her was amazing. We wish you a very safe journey back home. We can't wait to meet her!

Love you all,
The Mosher Family