Thursday, December 27, 2007

Adoption is official!

The trip so far has been great. We finally slept til 7AM on Christmas Morning. Both Jimmy & Charleen had been waking up at 1 - 2 AM in the morning, not being able to get in sync with the new time zone. It was good timing as that was our first night with Carlee Mei. She has adapted well to the family and is already a Daddy's Girl. It's amazing how someone so small can melt a full grown man so quickly. While all of the other families we are with got infants 12 months or less, our little girl is walking and playful, already bringing joy to everyone she is around. We have met several families here to adopt, most not able to have their own children. It makes us realize how blessed we are to be able to have our own children and now bring another child into our family. We got Carlee on Christmas Day and finalized the paperwork, making the adoption official, on Christmas Day. Wow, what a Christmas to remember.














Ba Ba (daddy) with Carleen Mei
















New Berg Family of 6 with the lady from the orphanage
















Warmth, Love, Friendliness, Assistance, the sign at the adoption registry office
















Jamie Lou & Carlee Mei















Rebecca Lynn, Charleen, Amanda & Carlee Mei















Ma Ma & Carlee Mei















Carlee Mei with Jei Jei (big sister) Amanda

Carlee Mei with Jei Jei Rebecca Lynn




Carlee Mei getting dried off after her first bath (with us)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!!!! What a great gift from God!!! She is soooo... beautiful!!! What fond memories for me and my first day with Katelin! I was relieved to see the pics of KFC and McDonalds---I know everyone is getting their nourishment!!! Take care and I think of you continually. Katelin misses Jamie and says she wants to see Carlee right now---not pictures!!!

Unknown said...

Charleen ,Jimmy and All the Girls, I am so happy to finally see pictures of you. I kept wondering why you weren't putting them on the net. I am so happy for you all. I must tell you it made me cry with joy for you as I viewed each photo. I am anxious to see her. God Bless you all. Have a safe trip home, Love, Mary Frances Griffith