Monday, November 12, 2007

Background Information on Carlee


Carlee was abandoned in the corridor of the third floor of the new born baby department at Longhua Hospital on 9/12/2005. Her parents were not found and she remained at the hospital until 12/15/05. At that time she was moved to the Bao'an District Social Welfare Center. She arrived at the orphanage in good health and was named at that time Bao(means Bao'an district where she lives) Long stands for dragon and Xiang for river. Dragon River hummm... I hope pampers can handle it!!


According to the report she is active and gets along with others. She has beautiful eyes is small in stature and everyone loves her. She likes to play outside. She is a healthy and lovely little girl.


I have to say reading this information was bittersweet. Knowing she was laying in the hospital in a hallway made me choke up . But as I thought about it I realized that her parents probably did the best thing they could be leaving her at a children's hospital. She obviously received great care and was never left out in the cold. I can't even imagine having to do something like that. It makes me want to get there as soon as possible.


We should be leaving by the end of December is all goes well.

2 comments:

The Waters said...

I didnt know you already had that info! Oh my goodness, that does make your heart ache doesnt it?

You will be in China before you know it!

xo
Michele

the heddens said...

We have been checking everyday. Carlee is finally with her family. God Bless you all. Love The Heddens