Sunday, January 6, 2008

Final Days

We are in Beijing again, Saturday through Monday, Flying in to Tampa Monday evening. We ended up staying 2 extra days to save several thousand dollars on airfare (this weekend after New Years is an expensive weekend to fly we learned). the air quality here is horrible and it's cold. So, we'll be staying in most of the time. As we relax and get prepared to return home, our family wants to thank all of our friends and family who have been with us through this adventure. I know I'll leave some out but want to at least mention a few that made great sacrifices and contributions so we could make this trip:

Karen and Michelle who have been great friends to Charleen through this whole process, helping and encouraging her for 2 1/2 years.
Sandra and Helen at the Methodist School Center who have offered to let Carlee Mei come to school with Charleen so she can continue teaching. I don't think they know what they are in for, but hey, they'll find out soon enough (remember the "chicken hawk?").
David and Wendy Hevia, Amanda's bosses and my good friends. As you may know, they have jewelry store in Dade City and the period between Thanksgiving and Christmas is the busiest time of the year for the store. They and their staff made a major sacrifice by letting Amanda come with us, leaving 12/20. We want them to know how much our family appreciates them and want you to know it too.
My bosses, Bud and Earl. As you also may know, we opened our new bank on 12/10, 8 working days before I left for China. Bud and Earl always encourage us to have the right balance in life, putting God first, family second and work third, telling us if we do, everything will work out good for all. Like most people, I don't always do that. Them telling me I needed to make this trip puts that philosophy to work. To them, and all of my coworkers who have had to cover for me in my absense, I will be eternally grateful to them that I got to spend this special time with my family.
We look forward to seeing all of you when we get home.















Jimmy & Charleen in front of the Starbuck's in Guangzhou, China, Friday evening, our last night there. Eat your heart out Pastor Ed!


















She still has not realized how small she is. Here she is trying on Charleen's boots.














Stop! She appears to understand it. Getting her to do it is the next lesson.














What girl doesn't like mirrors.

No comments: